Do we remember who or what we are ?
Originally posted on THE CASKS:
Now that I’m a resident of the great state of Minnesota, I thought I’d show a little local pride by profiling a new Minnesota distillery. Tucked way the hell up there in the hinterland-ish, northwest corner of the state, not far from the small town of Hallock, Far North Spirits broke ground in the Spring of this year and is poised to be one of the northern-most distilleries in the U.S. In the last couple of years, the craft distilling movement has gone from being a burgeoning trend to what is today a delightful, occasionally delicious, full-blown epidemic. It’s become far easier to open a distillery in pretty much any town in the county. Laws have been loosened, nobody wants to drink rail cocktails anymore, and locavore foodies are feeling good (and smug) about boozing again. With any kind of movement like this, at some point the explosion is always followed…
View original 2,208 more words
Originally posted on 20 Lines A Day:
The worlds largest waterslide
- The worlds tallest waterslide, more like the world’s painful weggie (nickysworld.wordpress.com)
- VIDEO: If You Have A Fear Of Heights Then This Waterslide Is Not For You (new102.cbslocal.com)
- Would you ride the world’s tallest waterslide? 140ft Meg-a-Blaster reaches speeds of 60mph (metro.co.uk)
- ‘R U insane?’ asks builder of world’s tallest, fastest, steepest waterslide (theprovince.com)
- Nobody Can Tell You Peed: The World’s Tallest Waterslide (geekologie.com)
- Top Water Parks in North Carolina (parks.answers.com)
- World’s tallest, fastest, steepest waterslide under construction (fox6now.com)
- A Whole Bunch Of Nope: The World’s Tallest Waterslide Is Absolutely Terrifying (elitedaily.com)
- Insane 17-story waterslide coming to Schlitterbahn (fox4kc.com)
Originally posted on CBS Detroit:
DAVID MERCER, Associated Press
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (AP) — Connor Cook threw for three touchdowns and Michigan State’s defense locked down Illinois Saturday on the way to a 42-3 win.
The Spartans (7-1, 4-0 Big Ten) used a big defensive stand and a back-breaking drive to crush the Illini.
Illinois (3-4, 0-3) was trailing 7-3 midway through the second quarter when it failed twice to punch the ball in from the Spartans 1-yard line.
Michigan State took over and drove 99 yards for a touchdown. Cook found receiver Bennie Fowler from 18 yards for a 14-3 lead.
Cook finished an efficient 15-of-16 for 208 yards.
Tailback Jeremy Langford had 104 yards on 22 carries and two touchdowns.
The Spartans defense came into the game ranked first in the nation in total defense and held Illinois to just 128 yards. That included 25 on the ground.
Illini quarterback Nathan Scheelhaase was 13-of-21…
View original 25 more words