Some of you close to me on the Shotts journey have been surprised as I have, on the power of the need to make money can affect what an industry will sell in the marketplace.
Plans are changing even as this is written. The Shotts Beverage Corp will start with a small workshop,bottling, packaging, and retail location in Detroit. We have learned so much about what we put into our bodies, and also understand why we get sick, without realizing that we are slowly poisoning ourselves. Financing this project is an uphill battle, but it is a battle that must be, because if we keep consuming what the marketplace keeps peddling, it will be impossible for us to know what is good for us.
Do we remember who or what we are ?
Originally posted on THE CASKS:
Now that I’m a resident of the great state of Minnesota, I thought I’d show a little local pride by profiling a new Minnesota distillery. Tucked way the hell up there in the hinterland-ish, northwest corner of the state, not far from the small town of Hallock, Far North Spirits broke ground in the Spring of this year and is poised to be one of the northern-most distilleries in the U.S. In the last couple of years, the craft distilling movement has gone from being a burgeoning trend to what is today a delightful, occasionally delicious, full-blown epidemic. It’s become far easier to open a distillery in pretty much any town in the county. Laws have been loosened, nobody wants to drink rail cocktails anymore, and locavore foodies are feeling good (and smug) about boozing again. With any kind of movement like this, at some point the explosion is always followed…
View original 2,224 more words
Originally posted on 20 Lines A Day:
The worlds largest waterslide
- The worlds tallest waterslide, more like the world’s painful weggie (nickysworld.wordpress.com)
- VIDEO: If You Have A Fear Of Heights Then This Waterslide Is Not For You (new102.cbslocal.com)
- Would you ride the world’s tallest waterslide? 140ft Meg-a-Blaster reaches speeds of 60mph (metro.co.uk)
- ‘R U insane?’ asks builder of world’s tallest, fastest, steepest waterslide (theprovince.com)
- Nobody Can Tell You Peed: The World’s Tallest Waterslide (geekologie.com)
- Top Water Parks in North Carolina (parks.answers.com)
- World’s tallest, fastest, steepest waterslide under construction (fox6now.com)
- A Whole Bunch Of Nope: The World’s Tallest Waterslide Is Absolutely Terrifying (elitedaily.com)
- Insane 17-story waterslide coming to Schlitterbahn (fox4kc.com)